With limited guidelines from the government on small arts organizations reopening, DLR Group put together recommendations that aid in a safe reactivation of these spaces.
Queuing and Outdoor Areas
- To the extent possible, all event ticketing should take place online with timed entry.
- Converted on-street parking spaces could serve as outdoor lobby space that can be shared with neighboring institutions.
- Signage should guide patrons into and out of the theater space via separate entry and exit routes.
- Seating should be completed in zones: those farthest from the entrance should be seated first, those closest should be seated last. Exiting the theater should occur in reverse order.
- Ideally, food and beverage orders should take place online. Patrons should either be directed to a designated food and beverage pick-up site or served their refreshments at their seats.
Neighborhood: Lower East Side
Community Partner: Fourth Arts Block (FABnyc)
Coordinating Firm: DLR Group, Francis Cauffman Architects, and Henning Larsen